Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
These are A Few of my Favorite (photography) Things....
- Although, I strongly believe in capturing a photo that is nearly perfect straight out of the camera (SOOC), I also believe that my artistic style comes from my particular editing techniques. One of my very favorite editing supplies are the Greater Than Gatsby Preset/Action sets. I own them all, and I use them all on a regular basis. They have a terrific deal on their Collaborative Set right now.
- Design supplies have become an integral part of my editing and Creative Market is my go to place to find fabulous graphic design items.
- I believe that all artists, no matter if their medium is photography or paints, have something new to learning. To further my knowledge in the photography and design industry I have been taking classes through CreativeLive.
- Although I have a wish list a mile long, my camera bag is not full.... Nikon D7000 with the 18-55mm 3.5 lens, Nikon 55-200mm 4.6 lens, Nikon 50mm 1.4 lens lens, Nikon 105mm 2.8 Macro lens, Fuji XT1, Fuji 18-55mm 2.8 lens, MeFOTO RoadTrip tri-monopod, LowPro Flipside Sport backpack for hiking, Vanguard Kinray 43 Sling backpack for travel, various Tiffin Filters, a 5 in 1 reflector set, and, other miscellaneous items.
- Cell Phone Apps are an amazing thing. I do not always have my camera on me, but I always have my cell phone, and apps are an integral part of the process. I own and use VSCO with all the filters, Instagram, PhotoDirector, HyperFocal, and Photo Tools. When I head back to an iPhone the first app I will purchase will be the Camera+ app.
- Of course, I would be setting you up for failure if I did not mention my backup system. I have 3 external hard drives... yes three. After losing all my photos I am determined not to have that happen again, so basically I have backups for my backups. I would also be backing up my photos online but our internet is limited so I am not currently using an cloud service.
The Good, The Fun and The Random....
It was our anniversary last weekend. One of the nicest things about it was planning a little getaway and not having to worry about it being interrupted by "work".... ah, retirement from the military is grand. I'll be sharing more of our weekend adventure next week.
WHAT ARE A FEW OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS?
WHAT DOES YOUR LIFE THRU THE LENS LOOK LIKE?
New to Life Thur the Lens??? START HERE!
Please remember to link your DIRECT url to the post you are linking.